I was super excited to read this book! I was excited because I know that my almost 1-year-old will most certainly grow up in a screen-driven, social but totally disconnected world. So many times in my life I catch myself behind the screen of my phone, iPad, or my computer. It is unavoidable. Screens are everywhere. If we aren’t using it for work, we are using it for play, or we are using it to “relax”. There seems to be nowhere we can turn to escape it, and honestly did I really want to? After reading this book I can honestly think that it is something I have considered. Technology can add so much value to our life, it can bring so much joy, it can connect us to each other, it can help us learn and grow, but it can also hold us back and tear us apart.
Constant entertainment is not the goal of childhood. No phone, tablet, or gaming device can teach your child how to have healthy relationships; only you can. Growing Up Social will help you:
- Equip your child to be relational rich in a digital world
- Replace mindless screen time with meaningful family time
- Establish simple boundaries that make a huge difference
- Read what’s working for the screen savvy family down the street
- Prepare your child to succeed down the road in relationships and life
- Learn healthy ways to occupy your child while you get things done
The take home message you will get from this book is how to set appropriate technology boundaries in your life so that you may use it to your advantage, instead of your disadvantage. You will also find discussion questions at the end of each chapter. This is great for studying alone or as a group!
Want more giveaways? Check out all of the awesome giveaways going on right now!