The following review is sponsored by VTech Kids. All opinions are 100% my own, and based on my personal experience using the products.
With all of the different toys on the market right now, trying to figure out which one is right for the child in your life can be cause for more headaches than fun filled holiday cheer. There are so many things to consider when faced with all of the latest and greatest toys. Is it age appropriate, is it fun, is it something they can use for more than 5 minutes?
So, I recruited the help of an expert toy tester and certified lover of all things fun, to help me write a review of four of the top (and most awesome!) VTech® toys available this holiday season.
Boy, did we have a good time.
We decided to open these toys one at a time, in order to give each of them the appropriate attention they deserved. Now that we have all four of these awesome toys, it’s really fun to be able to rotate which toys we play with from day-to-day. We like to keep it exciting around here. 😉
We have been playing with all four of these toys for just over a month now. My toy tester is 11-months-old, and the perfect age to really enjoy each of them, but still has plenty of time ahead to get use out of them.
Age Range: 12-36 months
- Children can learn about colors, numbers and food with the adorable new Chomp & Count Dino. Simply place one of the eight brightly-colored play pieces in the dino’s mouth and watch as he eats and recognizes each piece.
- Play in either food or counting mode and the dino responds with rewarding sounds and phrases all while introducing colors, numbers, shapes and more. Press the question button and kids can answer the dino’s questions to show what they’ve learned.
- Five shape buttons help kids learn shapes and numbers, while spinning the disc on dino’s back will play sing-along songs. The dino can also be pushed or pulled by a string for even more fun melodies.
This was a really fun toy! It did take some getting used to at first, but I think that my son was slightly too young for it when we first started playing with it (11 months versus the recommended 12-36). That being said, I think that it was great for his grasp and dexterity to practice picking up the pieces to put into the dino’s mouth! This toy gets more and more use every day. It is so much fun to watch him respond to colors and learn step-by-step how to “feed” the dinosaur. This is going to be one of our favorites as we move forward with learning colors and shapes. Another great feature of this toy is the attached string. Such a simple addition, but he loves to push and pull anything he can. The dinosaur has wheels on the bottom making it easy to push or pull across the floor. Overall, this is a great toy. Fun for all ages, but educational enough to grow with the child for a long time. Also, it is small enough to make it an easy toy to travel with – definitely a selling point around the holidays!
Age Range: 12-36 months
- Children can pretend to be musicians and sing along to the music with the Grow-Along Music Center. As they sing into the microphone, five colorful lights correspond to children’s voices, or they can play with wacky voice-changing and amplifying effects.
- Rock out with three instrument buttons that play guitar, drum and saxophone sounds. Five animal piano keys introduce kids to instruments, colors and animals. Kids can choose between Learn & Play mode and Sing-Along mode to become learning super stars!
This toy is really versatile, and can keep my busy 11-month-old entertained for a really long time. We really love to dance and sing – and this allows him to be in control of the music. The attached stand is what really makes this toy for me. I am able to put one leg under the couch so that he can’t knock the whole thing over while playing with it (because we all know knocking things over is WAAAAY more fun than actually playing with them). It also has the option to detach the top from the stand, which would be great for those kiddos who can’t quite stand up to play yet.
Age Range: 6-36 months
- Cruise into the learning zone on the Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser. This 2-in-1 toy grows with children and transforms from a floor play toy with detachable steering wheel activity panel to an exciting ride-on toy.
- The interactive steering wheel features driving, learning and music modes with more than 80 songs, sounds and phrases that introduce animals, opposites and first words. Turn on the engine, move the gear shifter or press the horn to hear realistic driving sound effects.
- Children can pretend to drive to six different fun locations with arrow buttons teaching the concept of direction and road safety. Attach the steering wheel to the cruiser and it becomes a fun ride-on toy.
- The Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser also has a fun front activity panel and under seat storage children can fill with small toys for more fun on the go!
This toy is also great for younger babies who can’t stand up on their own because of the detachable activity panel. The driving panel can be removed and played with as a steering wheel on the floor. So your baby can enjoy all of the fun of “driving” before he is ready for his own set of wheels. When you are ready to give him the keys, look out because the road will never be safe again! The car can be “driven” with our without the detachable panel. The toy also includes some super cool storage space for important things like keys, and cookies. Honestly, I don’t know what he loved doing more, riding on the car, or putting things into the storage space and taking them back out. This toy is perfect because it will grow with the child as their interests and abilities do. The ride-on toy can hold a child up to 42 lbs (per the warning on the back).
Age Range: 12-36 months
- Parents can cheer on their little sports stars with the Smart Shots Sports Center. This electronic sports center features a soccer goal and basketball hoop for a fun 2-in-1 experience.
- Kick the soccer ball into the net to hear fun sounds or toss the basketball into the hoop and the magic sensor will count up to ten each time a basket is scored.
- Three buttons introduce shapes, numbers, opposites, sing-along songs and more. Turn the gears or flip the page to hear fun phrases and sounds. The sports center also features a light-up screen that plays a variety of fun animations and shows numbers, shapes and letters to reinforce learning.
This toy is so much fun! It’s very engaging for a toddler, and not at all complicated. It’s very light and portable so it is our go-to toy when mom is making dinner. 😉 The songs are fun to sing and dance along to, and the scoreboard lights up and sings whenever he scores a goal or shoots a basket. It is really cool to see him get so excited about his “slam dunk”. He is very into playing with both the basketball and the soccer ball (included with the toy). He loves to bounce, throw, and kick the ball. This really is a super fun toy that keeps him engaged for a long time. I can see him growing with this toy as well as he learns to throw the ball into the hoop, as well as learning to count the number of times he scores a basket. What an awesome toy!
We love to play with all four of these great toys, but if I had to pick a favorite I would say it is definitely a toss up between the Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser and the Smart Shots Sports Center. They are totally different toys, and they are both great for different reasons. Definitely must-haves for any energetic little toddler!
The great thing about all four of these toys is they are so different. We really enjoy playing with each of them depending on the day. Each one is sure to be a hit in your house, or to make you the most popular auntie or grandma around!
Be sure to follow VTech Kids for updates and promotions!
Have someone in mind this holiday? Skip the lines at the mall, forget Black Friday – stay home this Thanksgiving and enjoy your family! We have got you covered!
Enter to win the VTech® Prize Package Giveaway – Just in time for the holidays!
One winner will receive 4 prizes –
- (1) VTech Chomp and Count Dino (Ages 12-36 months): Your child will learn about colors, numbers, and food with the adorable new Chomp & Count Dino.
- (1) VTech Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser Toy (Ages 6-36 months): This 2-in-1 toy grows with your children and transforms from a floor play toy with detachable steering wheel activity panel to an exciting toy.
- (1) VTech Grow Along Music Center (Ages 12-36 months): Your children can pretend to be musicians and sing along to the music with the Grow-Along Music Center.
- (1) VTech Smart Shots Sports Center (Ages 12-36 months): You can cheer on your little sports stars with the Smart Shots Sports Center. This electronic sports center features a soccer goal and basketball hoop for a fun 2-in-1 experience.
Total Prize Value: $130
No purchase necessary. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, ages 18+. All entries will be verified before a winner is selected. The winner will be selected randomly by the Giveaway Tools app, and will be contacted via email after they are chosen. You have 24 hours to respond after the giveaway ends on 11/14/14 or your prize will be forfeited!
This promotion was sponsored by Vtech and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. The Fully Caffeinated Mama did receive the above mentioned products in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are 100% her own, and they are based only on personal experience using these products. Please see the Disclosure Policy for more information. The Fully Caffeinated Mama and promoting bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.