These Speculoos, Nutella and Peanut Butter Cookies should probably be called “Speculoos Cookie Butter Nutella and Peanut Butter Cookies”, but that is quite a mouthful! I had some left over goodies in my pantry and when I found out it was National Peanut Butter Cookie Day I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate.
Now, like I said before this was somewhat of a “what’s left over in my pantry” kind of cookie. I had about a 1/4 cup of nutella and a 1/4 cup of cookie butter. I would think that any combination of the three would work out just as well, but the taste would be totally different. It depends if you like more chocolate, or more gingerbread, or more peanut butter. Since today is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day, I went heavy on the Peanut Butter :)It turned out SPECTACULAR (spectaculoos).
Speculoos, Nutella & Peanut Butter Cookies
A delicious spin on the traditional peanut butter cookie!
Write a review
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup total mixture of cookie butter, nutella, peanut butter combo (I used 1/4 cookie butter, 1/4 nutella and 1/2 PB)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose (OR 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons, depending how you look at it)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt, optional
- 1. Cream eggs, peanut butter, nutella, Cookie Butter, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and mix on low speed until just incorporated, don't overmix. The dough will be soft and on the oily, but not sticky or crumbly.
- 3. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- 4.Preheat the oven to 350. Bring dough back to room temperature while the oven is preheating.
- 5.Place heaping tablespoons on a GREASED cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set. Do not over-cook! Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
The Fully Caffeinated Mama http://caffeinatedmama.net/