The following Werther's Original Blooming Baked Caramel Apple post is sponsored by Werther's Original and contains affiliate links.
Every single year I look forward to picking a ton of apples. It’s motivation to bake as much as I can before they go bad. It’s a great time to live at our house because you are pretty much guaranteed some variation of a baked apple desert every day until Thanksgiving or longer! I’ve sort of fell out of my “baking groove” over the past few months (OK, OK it’s been over a year). Remember all of those pregnancy pies? A bushel of apples was just the inspiration I needed to get back on my baking game! A delicious individual baked apple in less than 30 minutes was an excellent place to start!
- 2 Apples
- 4 tbs butter
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Werther's Original Chewy Caramels
- To make your apple "bloom" first slice off the top of the apple, core the apple but not all the way through. Scoop out the core. Use a thin knife to make circular cuts around the inside of the apple and slice down the sides. This can be done by flipping over the apple and cutting at your desired thickness.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in the microwave, string frequently.
- Place two Werther's Original Chewy Caramels inside each apple.
- Mix the flour and cinnamon with the melted butter and sugar.
- Pour half of the mixture over one apple, and half over the other.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes depending on the type of apple. Crisper apples will need to cook longer.
- See more detailed directions on creating the perfect "Blooming Apple" at http://www.thegunnysack.com/2014/09/bloomin-baked-apples-recipe.html